BECBC Business Awards
BECBC Business Awards 2017
For the first time, the BECBC Business Awards become an annual celebration in 2017, each one focusing on a key issue for member businesses and with categories that are relevant to organisations of all sizes and at all stages of development.
Eight awards will be presented this year.
The shortlist has now been announced.
We will be announcing the finalists in the following Awards on Weds 5 July 2017 at the next Member Meeting:
- Business Innovation (kindly sponsored by University of Cumbria)
- Socio Economic Commitment to West Cumbria (kindly sponsored by Balfour Beatty)
- Inspiring People (kindly sponsored by NIS Limited)
- Growing Business of the Year (kindly sponsored by Nuvia)
- BECBC Micro Business of the Year (kindly sponsored by Morgan Sindall)
- BECBC SME Business of the Year (kindly sponsored by Amec Foster Wheeler)
- BECBC Large Business of the Year
The final Award, BECBC Businessperson of the Year, was nominated for by BECBC members.
This new award will be presented to an outstanding individual who demonstrates excellent business acumen and high achievement in their organisation.
The shortlisting judges looked at the many aspects that characterise a successful businessperson including:
- exceptional vision and strong effective leadership
- motivational ability, entrepreneurship, business acumen,
- dynamism, innovation, cultural values, perseverance, charismatic personality
- and, of course, a significant impact on improving the performance of the business, organisation or project.
Nominees were judged on their personal involvement in growth or expansion, their organisation’s diversification into new products, services, markets, or new areas of business activity. They also were able to demonstrate:
- Building an effective and motivated team
- Unique skills or methods brought to the business
- Examples and evidence of being instrumental to success
- What makes them stand out from the crowd as a Business Person
and the shortlisted finalists are:
- BLACKMORE Eddie (Livingstone Surface Treatments)
- COUGHLAN John (TSP Engineering)
- PURDHAM Sarah (Prima Uno)
Voting now open via Home Page on website (you must be logged in to vote).
1 vote per member company.
Closes 5.00pm on 18 October 2017
All awards will be presented at the Awards Gala Dinner on Thursday 23 November 2017.
Bookings for this event are now open.
£80pp in the atrium (priority given to finalists, judges and sponsors); £60pp in sideroom.
Conact Hazel for further details or to book places... first come first served.
Sponsorship opportunities are available from £250 - (click here to download a Sponsorship Pack)
Please note that organisations are not eligible to enter any award that they sponsor or where they are involved in the judging process.
With thanks to all our event sponsors listed at the bottom of this page and at Sponsors