Registration 9.00am to 9.15am
FREE event for BECBC members
With thanks to David Latham of HKA for providing this BECBC Workshop.
Making correct payment in the construction and engineering industries has never been more difficult. Payment notices and pay less notices give the risk that payment does not reflect the value of the work.
It is important to understand these requirements and the pit falls to avoid. This is crucial whether you are making or receiving payment.
The workshop will comprise a presentation, discussions and working group on case studies, to identify pitfalls and potential difficulties. The issues will include:
- Overview of requirements to issue payment or pay less notices
- What is required in a payment notice?
- Can the amount to be paid be disputed if notice is not given?
- How can pay less notices be challenged?
- Implications of agreeing a payment schedule
- The effects of an ambiguous notice
- What is the effect of an application not being issued on the date specified in the contract?
- What may happen if neither party follows the contract terms?
- Case studies / working group scenarios regarding payment or pay less notices
If you would like to book a place (first come first served), please contact Hazel Duhy, BECBC Admin Manager as soon as possible.
Booking closes at 5.00pm on 24 September 2018.