Join Baines Wilson, Organisational Healthcare and special guests at their latest seminars.
Issues around mental and physical health are some of the hardest conversations to have with employees but we need to start talking about them. As an employer you have to ask whether your business is capable of identifying when employees are struggling and how your organisation responds to the issues raised.
We will address some of the most difficult issues that can affect your employees and your business. In this full day event we will examine the following tricky topics:
Ageing workforce, mental health, reasonable adjustments, presenteeism and cancer. Often employees are either directly affected or many could be supporting family and friends with one or more of these issues. It’s not easy and there can be a lack of understanding about the impact on business and how to support employees.
Employees don’t leave these at the door when they begin work and we should not pretend that they do.
Issues to discuss…
- Dealing with an ageing workforce: Dr Tony Mawson, Consultant Occupational Physician of Organisational Healthcare, will talk about the challenges and health strategies for employers in managing an ageing workforce. David Nicholson, Group HR Director and Deborah Birch Senior HR Advisor at James Cropper Plc, will discuss their phased retirement scheme.
- Talking to employees with mental health conditions: Vicki Hastings, Clinical Psychologist of Cumbria Stress and Trauma Centre and Melanie Joseph, Managing Director of Mente, will discuss how to have conversations with employees who have mild to moderate mental health issues.
- Doctor says No: Caroline Rayner, Associate with Baines Wilson LLP will dispel the myths about employers not being able to talk to employees who are signed off sick and refuse to have contact with their employers.
- Quiz: Tom Scaife, Partner with Baines Wilson will cover a myriad of health related questions.
- What is reasonable? Joanne Holborn, Head of Employment Law & Training with Baines Wilson will discuss reasonable adjustments in the workplace.
- Employees with cancer: Neil Townsend, Chief Executive Officer CancerCare (North Lancashire & South Cumbria), will explain to delegates how to deal with employees with cancer diagnosis.
- Presenteeism: Dr Tony Mawson, Consultant Occupational Physician of Organisational Healthcare, discuss the problems of presenteeism on your business.
Dates and Venues
- Tuesday 23 January 2018 – Lancaster House Hotel, Ellel, Lancaster
- Thursday 25 January 2018 – Rheged Centre, Penrith
9.00am – 4.00pm (approx) (including breakfast and lunch).
£180 (£150 plus VAT)
Click here for the booking form
Presentations and Downloads from this Event
Related File Downloads
The information listed on this site has been sent to us, usually by member companies or event organisers. We advise anyone planning to travel any distance to visit an event listed here to confirm that the event is being held at the venue shown on the date indicated. Either telephone the organiser, check their website or, alternatively, contact the venue direct. BECBC cannot guarantee that entries listed here are correct.