Westlakes Science Park Tenants: Christmas Fundraiser
Two apprentices working on Westlakes Science and Technology Park are organising a fundraiser involving a lot of the park's tenants, many being BECBC members.
As part of the event they will be holding a raffle and companies have already donated some great prizes.
The group we have chosen to support is:.
St Peters Community Group
– to tackle food poverty, obesity and social isolation in the Sandwith Ward, one of the most deprived wards in the country.
To open sustainable and central multi-purpose resource centre in the heart of the community.
- Improve levels of health in the target wards
- Overcome social and economic exclusion in the area
- Support and strengthen local community entrepreneurship
- Build the capacity of local communities to deliver effective solutions to issues affecting them
How they aim to do this:
- Food Pantry - removing the stigma of attending food bank whilst also providing food for those who are not eligible to receive food from foodbanks.
- Cooking sessions - bring people together and teach them how to cook healthy, nutritious low - cost meals.
- Exercise for health - increasing participant in physical activity,addressing obesity, social isolation therefore improving physical and mental wellbeing.
Click here to download more info
Important Information about this Event
The information listed on this site has been sent to us, usually by member companies or event organisers. We advise anyone planning to travel any distance to visit an event listed here to confirm that the event is being held at the venue shown on the date indicated. Either telephone the organiser, check their website or, alternatively, contact the venue direct. BECBC cannot guarantee that entries listed here are correct.