The day will cover:
1. Recap of the WordPress basics
2. In depth settings in the WordPress Admin section
3. Advanced posts and pages: Featured images, paging and more
5. Themes, Widgets and Menus in depth:
6. CSS introduction: An overview and some useful tools
7. Security: Hosting, plugins and good habits
8. What is caching and how can it make your WordPress site quicker
9. E-commerce - an overview: An introduction to using WordPress as an E-commerce site.
10. Q & A Session
For the Q & A Session, David is happy to answer questions on the day, but if there is a specific point or question that you would like addressing, please email David - firstname.lastname@example.org a minimum of two days prior to the event and he will do his best address your issue.
This course is aimed at people who have set up a WordPress site and wish to be able to develop it further, providing the skills, knowledge and understanding to be able to really modify your WordPress site and take it to the next level, or develop it for a specific business purpose.
Equipment you'll need
· Please bring a laptop computer You will not need to install any software, but you should have a modern web browser installed. Preference is for the latest version of Firefox, Google Chrome or Safari, but the latest Internet Explorer will be fine as well.
· You may want to bring some sample images that you will be able to upload to your website as the course progresses
· If you feel more comfortable using an external mouse, please bring one with you
The delegate rate for this workshop is £55 + VAT for members and £110 + VAT for non-members, this includes refreshments and a light lunch - to book your place(s) email email@example.com
For questions and queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To secure your place payment must be made when booking, a card payment can be taken by our Carlisle office. Any cancellations must be received at least three working days before the event, otherwise you will be charged for non-attendance.
Presentations and Downloads from this Event
Related File Downloads
The information listed on this site has been sent to us, usually by member companies or event organisers. We advise anyone planning to travel any distance to visit an event listed here to confirm that the event is being held at the venue shown on the date indicated. Either telephone the organiser, check their website or, alternatively, contact the venue direct. BECBC cannot guarantee that entries listed here are correct.