A BECBC member workshop to encourage volunteers to be involved in presenting in schools to encourage students to consider different opportunities for their future and careers.
FREE event for BECBC members.
NSAN is now in its 12th year of successful operation as the only not for profit, industry-led membership organisation dedicated to helping secure the supply of skills for the UK nuclear programme.
NSAN is seeking a new Chair to drive the company forward by working collaboratively with the Non-Executive Directors on the Board and the Senior Leadership/Management Team.
Applicant must be a member of NSAN.
The Chair needs to be an individual with real passion and commitment to the skills for nuclear agenda, and for the role and position of NSAN in helping the industry meet its skills challenges now and in the future.
The role of the Chair includes:
• Chairing 4 formal Board meetings a year in Warrington
• Chairing other ad hoc Board meetings as required (may be by phone), up to 6 per annum
• Being a proactive and positive Ambassador for NSAN
• Supporting the MD and Senior Management Team to successfully deliver the agreed Business Plan and to continue to position NSAN as the lead collaborative forum on skills for nuclear with members, potential members, Government and other stakeholders
Skills and Experience Required
• An understanding of the role of Non-Executive Directors and Board Chairs
• Experience of working in the nuclear industry at a senior level
• A positive, supportive and proactive approach to running a successful SME
• To be employed by a member company of NSAN
Desirable but not essential:
• Previous Non-Executive Director/Trustee experience
• Experience in engaging with Government and other senior stakeholders
This is an exciting opportunity to play a fundamentally important role in addressing the skills challenges facing the sector and to help ensure maximum benefit for the UK supply chain and young people in taking the UK nuclear programme forward.
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your CV and a supporting letter outlining why you are the right person for this role and what you feel you would bring to NSAN and the nuclear industry in this position. Please send your application to Alex Bowness to be received by 27 September 2019.
Interviews will be held on 6 November 2019 in Warrington, time TBC.
This is a non-remunerated position, but all reasonable expenses will be paid (with prior agreement).
Login to see member jobs.