Membership of BECBC is open to businesses and organisations of any size or scope that are either based in West Cumbria or based elsewhere but can demonstrate business interests in West Cumbria and in the energy sector. Our varied membership and diverse interests are what make BECBC a great networking opportunity for your business.
As a member, you will be committed to our values and priorities including:
- Pooling our collective business knowledge and sharing opportunities and information
- Educating the local and wider business community about our individual and collective capabilities
- Lobbying external stakeholders and potential clients
- Advising, assisting and supporting other member organisations
- Identifying training and skills transfer requirements and opportunities and promoting training and employment opportunities in the local community.
If you are committed to a sustainable future for West Cumbria, want to grow your business and want your views to be heard, you should be a member of the growing Britain's Energy Coast Business Cluster (BECBC). Visit our member benefits page for a full list of reasons why joining the BECBC will be a great investment.
- If you would like to attend a monthly Member Meeting as a guest, to see what we have to offer before you join, then please contact Hazel Duhy, BECBC Admin Manager. Member meetings are held on the first Wednesday morning of each month, usually at Energus in Lillyhall, and you can expect to meet representatives of up to 100 members on each occasion.
- If you’d like to join, fill in our membership application form (pdf file) and send it with a covering letter to our Administrator for consideration by the Board.
Annual membership runs from January each year - pro-rata membership fees apply from July each year – and you can see the annual membership fees scale below.
For further information contact Hazel Duhy, the BECBC Admin Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Membership Rates for 2017
Membership is open to businesses based in West Cumbria or those businesses based elsewhere that can demonstrate business interests in West Cumbria, and are willing to commit to our values. Membership fees are calculated on total company turnover:
For an SME company*:
- Less than £100k turnover - £110 per year
- £100k - £500k turnover - £220 per year
- £500k - £1.5m turnover - £385 per year
- £1.5m - £3m turnover - £550 per year
- £3m-£46.8m turnover - £825 per year
For a non-SME company*:
- Over £46.8m turnover and more than 250 employees - £1,250 per year
VAT will be added to the above fees at the current rate. Membership runs annually from 1 January. Monthly pro-rata rates are applicable for companies joining from February - the following year a member is invoiced for full membership fee as normal (Jan to Dec)
* We are basing our definition of an SME on the European standard: The broad definition of an SME is any business who employs less than 250 people and has a turnover of less than 50 million Euros. (approx. £46.8m). A company is NOT an SME If they are a wholly owned business which is part of a larger group whose head count or turnover when taken in full goes over the threshold, or if they are a parent company with subsidiaries, where the whole turnover of their group exceeds the thresholds.
To request a membership application form, please complete the form below and an application form and Member Meeting guest inviation will be sent to you, otherwise click here to download.