Membership of BECBC is open to businesses and organisations of any size or scope that are either based in West Cumbria or based elsewhere but can demonstrate business interests in West Cumbria and in the energy sector. Our varied membership and diverse interests are what make BECBC a great networking opportunity for your business.
If you would like to attend a monthly Member Meeting as a guest before you join, then please contact Hazel Duhy, BECBC Admin Manager.
Member meetings are usually held on the first Wednesday morning of each month, at Energus in Lillyhall.
Membership of Britain's Energy Coast Business Cluster brings a wide range of benefits, including:
Networking and sharing of knowledge
Monthly member meetings, social activities and members working together to improve skills.
Market intelligence and winning work
Sharing information on business opportunities, facilitating networking meetings with, and presentations by, client organisations, supporting member to member selling and the formation of consortia.
Representation at key local, regional and national levels.
Attendance at conferences and exhibitions in the UK and overseas, hosting of inward investor visits in conjunction with partners, promoting members' capabilities via our website and social media.
If you are committed to a sustainable future for West Cumbria, want to grow your business and want your views to be heard, you should be a member of the growing Britain's Energy Coast Business Cluster (BECBC).
If you’d like to join, fill in our membership application form (pdf file) and send it with a covering letter.
Membership Rates for 2019
Membership fees are calculated on total company turnover:
For an SME company*:
- Less than £100k turnover - £120 per year
- £100k - £500k turnover - £240 per year
- £500k - £1.5m turnover - £425 per year
- £1.5m - £3m turnover - £610 per year
- £3m-£46.8m turnover - £915 per year
For a non-SME company*:
- Over £46.8m turnover and more than 250 employees - £1,390 per year
VAT will be added to the above fees at the current rate. Membership runs annually from 1 January. Monthly pro-rata rates are applicable for companies joining from February - the following year a member is invoiced for full membership fee as normal (Jan to Dec)
* We are basing our definition of an SME on the European standard: The broad definition of an SME is any business who employs less than 250 people and has a turnover of less than 50 million Euros. (approx. £46.8m). A company is NOT an SME If they are a wholly owned business which is part of a larger group whose head count or turnover when taken in full goes over the threshold, or if they are a parent company with subsidiaries, where the whole turnover of their group exceeds the thresholds.