Cerberus Nuclear has over 50 collective years experience in Radiation Shielding, Criticality Safety & Nuclear Characterisation. We provide highly skilled expertise to some of the most challenging nuclear projects as well as being at the forefront of innovation in these areas.
We are a small, flexible and dynamic technical consultancy to the nuclear sector. The company was founded in 2016, bringing together specialist skills and industry-wide experiences to offer comprehensive criticality, shielding and characterisation services. We provide complete shielding design, criticality safety and nuclear characterisation support across many industry sectors including civil nuclear, medical, defence and high energy research. We are a predominantly technically minded company that considers itself to be at the forefront of innovation within our areas, we are ready to adapt, to challenge the status quo and are constantly striving for different, better and more efficient ways of doing what we do.
The Company has a small office in Chadwick house, Birchwood, Warrington which is a superb location and widely considered to be a hub for the nuclear industry in the North-West. However, we have a presence in Cumbria and the company has ambitions to grow our nuclear sector work in the West Cumbria area. We have in-house experience of working on some of the most challenging projects at Sellafield and can offer:
- Bulk shielding, penetrations & skyshine assessments
- Criticality Incident Detection placement studies
- Full nuclear fuel cycle criticality safety
- Expertise in criticality calculations
- Criticality Incident Detection (CID) omission cases
- Criticality assessment peer review
- 3D environment characterisation and mapping
- 4D dose uptake assessment
- High dose rate characterisation
- Source inference and activity location
We're here looking for:
We are looking for new contacts, partnerships and opportunities to collaborate and contribute within the West Cumbria area.