We service a wide range of clients from local Farmers and Fishermen through to worldwide Blue Chip Companies working in many different Industries. As well as specialising in providing innovative engineering solutions to the Nuclear Industry we also work with clients in Oil & Gas, Marine, Agriculture & Civil Engineering as well as many other sectors.
We also operate a successful Hydraulics and Pneumatics specialist engineering arm of the Business which has been established for 15 years now, and offers a walk-in trade counter facility as well as serving the local community remotely.
Forth Engineering originated as a supplier/servicer of hydraulic and pneumatic (fluid power) equipment in 2000.
Over time, the Business has evolved and we now specialise working in the nuclear supply chain. The Business has developed its capabilities of providing rapid solutions and prototyping through trials and testing leading to manufacture of fully CE compliant solutions to the nuclear industry
This ability to apply a common sense ‘’keep it simple’’ approach to Engineering, and extensive Research and Development has allowed us to deliver a wide range of solutions, by combining engineering knowledge and experience with in depth knowledge of what is achievable within restrictions of nuclear environment from both physical and political view point.
We have recently commissioned our new Deep Recovery & Training Facility- this is a state of the art facility which will prove essential not only to Britain's Nuclear Decommissioning Programme, but the worldwide issues being faced by the Nuclear Industry. The new covered facility is 27.5 metres long x 10 metres wide x 7 metres deep, holding over 2 million litres of water.
As well as the Deep Recovery & Training Facility, we have developed a range of products and services that are paramount in meeting customer's constantly evolving needs and demands:
- R.O.V'S / Submersible Technology : offers a complete line of Standard and customized equipment including Cameras, camera systems, crawlers, submersibles, manipulators, all related accessories, and work tools. All equipment is manufactured specifically for the nuclear power Industry.
- Rola Tube Technology: We have developed a technology using thermoplastic reinforced composites, which has valuable engineering properties in two distinctly different states. It was created to allow the same material to hold a stable and rigid shape both in compression and expansion, and to incorporate no working parts as it moves from one state to the other.
- CAD 3D In-house Printing:
•Rapid Prototyping refers to the process of building a solid 3D object, layer by layer from 3D CAD data. Popukar across a wide range of industry sectors from consumer goods to medical devices, from areospace to fashion Rapid Prototyping has proven an invaluable design tool. A prototype model allows for the effective communication of ideas, rapid customer/inventor buy in and early design verification. The use of 3D models allows designers idenify any potential build issues withi the early stages of the product development cycle and can eliminate costly tooling errors.
- Design & Development Capabilities: We have on site test Rigs and have recently completed the building of a Deep Recovery Research & Development Centre, The Deep Recovery Facility will be used to firstly design and develop the essential tooling required to decommission strategical nuclear sites, and then to train operators in the use of new and existing technologies and techniques in a non-nuclear, safe and controlled environment where mistakes can be ironed out without catastrophic consequence and recovery techniques perfected before being performed on a nuclear site.
- Mechanical Workshops with Fabrication
Lakes College West Cumbria
Forth Engineering have always been actively involved in employing apprentices from Lakes College since day one and the Executive management team including Managing Director Mark Telford, Operations Director Nicola Telford, and Projects Director Graham Cartwright have all come from an apprenticeship background. Mark is now on the Board of Governors at Lakes College, and we are looking at how we work more closely with the college going forward to engage with the next generation of Engineers
Wath Brow Hornets – Cleator Moor
Forth Engineering have been proud sponsors of Wath Brow Hornets rugby club for 6 years. Our recent donations have contributed towards the £175,000 Ground Development Programme.
Forth Engineering are predominantly specialists in providing innovative engineering solutions and by ensuring we keep up to date with the very latest technological advancements we have had continued success applying this to the nuclear decommissioning industry, as well as many other sectors.
We offer consultancy in system design for hydraulic, pneumatic and vacuum solutions covering the region.
We excel in providing systems, properly researched and developed with our customers’ needs and budget in mind. We provide them a leading edge in their business by offering increased productivity and essential energy savings.
Our service department covers the region and we will be delighted to assist with on site maintenance programmes, tailored to suit your requirements and pocket.
Our 24 hour call out facility and mobile unit is available for hose assembly manufacture and repairs throughout the region and we have a busy trade counter facility and drop off point for in-house repairs if this is more convenient.
Our friendly, helpful and knowledgeable team are here to serve all your hydraulic and pneumatic needs.