Financial Insights offers specialist financial modelling, analysis and strategic, commercial finance support to help your business make more robust, informed decisions with better results, greater confidence and lower risk.
This may involve anything from a general Health Check of spreadsheet practices and risk, to strategic option modelling, insightful performance reporting, independent contract reviews and support to bids and contract negotiations. We can also provide a finance business partner resource to top up your in-house skillset, deal with peaks in workload or simply act as a sounding board for business plans, ideas and issues.
We are a qualified Member in Practice of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CGMA, ACMA) and have 16 years’ commercial finance experience in industry including nuclear, Government, aerospace, manufacturing, FMCG and the service sector.
Having worked closely with and advised Government on financial elements for a number of high profile commercial deals, generating over £500m in taxpayer savings, and having managed project finances for aerospace contracts worth around £600m, we have a proven record of adding value to decision-making.
We are committed to improving decision-making capability within Cumbria and beyond through providing a flexible, tailored service and look forward to getting to know your business.
A complete financial modelling service
Spreadsheets are a risky business and, without robust, standardised modelling practices and strict testing of critical models, can result in poor decisions and threaten both the success and reputation of a project or business.
Financial Insights provides a complete modelling approach from design and build or reconstruction of existing strategic and operational models, through to independent peer reviews and guidance on best practice modelling techniques for your critical spreadsheets and models.
Model build and reconstruction
- Integrated and dynamic budgets, forecasts, business plans and business models
- Financial evaluation of strategic options for key decisions
- Analysis of contract terms, their impact and risks
- 'What if' scenario evaluation and sensitivity analysis
- Rebuilding and standardisation of existing models including ‘fixing’ broken models
Independent peer reviews
- An initial Health Check to assess the level of spreadsheet risk in your business
- Independent Peer Review service for critical spreadsheets, models and procedures to give you more confidence in their reliability, fitness for purpose and results, and to identify further commercial opportunities, added value and risks
Best practice guidance
- Advice on best practice modelling from initial scope to design, build, test, review and refining of your model, including spreadsheet risk reduction
- Development of best practice procedures
- Tools and training to improve your internal modelling and spreadsheet practices
Financial analyst expertise
Do you need to increase your analytical capacity or capability? Do you fully understand what drives your business results? Don't have the budget for a full-time analyst or business partner? We can act as a finance business partner and sounding board for your key decisions, on an ad-hoc or part-time basis to suit your needs and budget.
Finance Business Partnering
- Ad-hoc or regular finance business partner support to cover workload peaks or top up your in-house skillset
- Right-hand finance support, acting as a sounding board for your plans, ideas and finance questions
- Financial insights in to business performance to guide your decision making
- Reporting, forecasting and planning tools to provide you with the right information to make good decisions
- Risk and opportunity impact evaluation
- Strategic planning, forecasting, cashflows and budgeting
- Business case and business plan development and review
- Process development, review and improvement
- Start-up support on commercial finance issues
Commercial finance and contracting support
Would you like to better understand the financial impact of your key contracts? Do you need commercially minded finance support to your negotiations, contract renewals and reviews?
Robust contracts that are properly underpinned by sound financial evaluation, tighter contract terms and risk reduction can lead to more profitable and sustainable results.
Financial Insights can provide a business partnering approach to your contracting activities, including financial evaluation to support agreement of heads of terms and negotiations, contract drafting and transition support, contract reviews and benefits appraisal.
Contract development and review
- Options evaluation to support your decisions and negotiating position regarding contract structure, pricing and key terms
- Peer review and support to drafting of financial terms to minimise contract risk
- Planning and support for financial transition to new arrangements
- Risk, opportunity and impact evaluation for existing contracts or renewals
- Advising on and providing tools to measure benefits realisation
- Development of long-term contract accounting, reporting and performance monitoring systems
- Day to day advice on the financial management of contracts