The BECBC Business Awards 2020 were announced at the Britain’s Energy Coast Business Cluster (BECBC) Member Meeting (5 February) with the launch of the Awards Sponsorship Pack.
There will be ten BECBC Business Awards for 2020:
- Innovation and Creativity
- Social Value and Community Commitment
- Inspiring People
- Growing Business
- Developing the Next Generation
- Start-Up Business
- BECBC Rising Star of the Year
Entrants for this Award will be nominated and voted for by BECBC members later in the year
- BECBC Micro Business of the Year
- BECBC Business of the Year
Already confirmed, as supporting the Awards, are:
- main event sponsor, Sellafield Ltd, will also be presenting the Business of the Year Award
- NIS Limited will continue to sponsor the Inspiring People Award
- Solomons Europe will again be offering a cash prize for the Start-Up Business Award
Click here for more info on the Awards and to download a Sponsorship Pack
The Entry Packs will be launched at the 4 March 2020 BECBC Member Meeting. The closing date for entries will be 5.00pm on Friday 5 June 2020.
Members can gain a valuable insight into writing successful award entries at the BECBC Workshop: In Them to Win Them on 23 April 2020 at Hunday Manor Hotel, with training from Sally Seed of Stoneleigh Communications and Tracey Errington of Market Sense. Many BECBC Awards finalists and winners have attended this training in previous years and Sally and Tracey are known for writing successful award entries for their clients too in both local and national competitions. Workshop registration is now open.
The Awards Dinner will be on 19 November 2020 at Energus. Tickets will go on sale later in the year - it always sells out very quickly!
Each year dinner attendees help fundraise for a nominated charity. In 2018, this was West Cumbria Carers, who were delighted to receive a cheque for £6,051 including match funding from Sellafield Ltd. If you would like to suggest a charity for this year's Awards Dinner, please watch for nominations to open in the summer.
Photo: BECBC Business Awards 2018 winners