Reays commuter travel services allow you to say goodbye to the hustle and bustle of the roads and say hello to their range of mini buses and coaches available in a range of seat numbers, allowing you to travel in comfort and style.
Following the introduction of the Sellafield travel programme which has resulted in fewer cars using site car parks, Reays (a BECBC member) continues to work together with Sellafield and other Tier 2 suppliers, to successfully reduce the reliance on cars or vans, while promoting greener modes of transport.
During the last year they are proud to have successfully and safely transported more than 200,000 passengers on commuter services. This has resulted in relieved congestion on Cumbria’s roads and reduced carbon emissions.
Reays recognise that good transport connections have direct benefits to people, businesses, the environment and the overall economy. Some of these benefits include:
- Travelling by coach is estimated to be six times less polluting than an aircraft, four times cleaner than a car and twice as clean as a train.
- Reays latest new coaches are equipped with modern low emission Euro 6 engines that allow us to access the new Low Emission Zones that are being introduced in a number of cities and towns across the UK. Euro 6 coaches reduce particulate emissions by as much as 95% compared to earlier coach models.
- Reays new coaches are some of the most sophisticated vehicles on the road, offering a host of luxury features including side shifting, reclining seats, air conditioning, USB charging points, WiFi and many other on board facilities.
- Coaches help people get around much more easily since a coach carrying 50 passengers is equivalent to more than 20 cars on the road.
- According to government statistics, coach passengers are seven times safer than travelling by car.
Commuter travel is an environmentally friendly way of providing access to and from the workplace and our ongoing collaboration with Sellafield supports innovation, productivity and Cumbria’s economic growth.
As well as commuter services Rays can offer a ‘Park and Ride’ facility to businesses from their new depot at Lillyhall, Workington which has car parking available for more than 300 + cars.
If your business is interested in introducing commuter transport services give Kerrie a call on 016973 49999 for an informal chat on how Reays can help your business.