BECBC Shadow Board launches their Awards 2020
BECBC regularly recognises the fantastic work of our members through a BECBC Business Awards Dinner. However this year, due to the pandemic, that has unfortunately not been possible.
BECBC still want to recognise its members and the incredible work they have achieved this year, not only to battle through the difficult business landscape, but to support others.
The BECBC Shadow Board have created the interim BECBC Shadow Board Awards which will recognise four individuals or organisations within their strategic themes:
Business Collaboration Award
Collaborating is at the core of what BECBC is about that’s why our Shadow Board see it as a key part of their strategy. When we collaborate, if that’s working on projects or as a joint venture, we are increasing our capability as well as growing the diverse economy in Cumbria.
We’re looking for an organisation or individual who has embodied this theme in 2020 through, but not limited to, any of the following:
· Setting up a new joint venture
· Working collectively with other BECBC Members
· Growing your network and contributing to BECBC
Better Place to Live and Work Award
We believe that Cumbria is one of the best places to live and work in the UK and that’s why the BECBC Shadow Board aim to champion this across all the work we do.
We’re now looking to recognise an organisation or individual who has gone over and above to help support this cause in some way. This could be by doing, but not limited to, any of the following:
· Demonstrating Cumbria’s excellence to a broad external audience
· Encouraging local spending initiatives or supporting community activities
· Attracting, retaining and growing talent within the workforce/local area
· Taking a lead on developing or supporting a sustainable future for Cumbria
Developing the Next Generation Award – Nomination (sponsored by NIS Limited)
The future of the UK’s workforce is in the next generation, young professionals who are keen to develop and grow within our businesses.
2020 has been a hard year particularly for those early in their careers such as school leavers and apprentices so we want to recognise an organisaion or individual who has supported those young professionals through, but not limited to, any of the following:
· Promoting apprenticeships/traineeships within their business or industry
· Supporting existing junior employees through development opportunities
· Mentoring or providing time to share experiences with young professionals
Diversity and Inclusion Award – Nomination (sponsored by the National Nuclear Laboratory)
This year the issues and stigma surrounding equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) have been at the front of many conversations, particularly around our mental health. Looking out for one another has never been as important especially when many of us are working remotely added to the personal restrictions the pandemic has enforced.
We are looking to recognise an organisation or individual who has promoted EDI values through, but not limited to, the following:
· Promoting EDI campaigns to raise awareness of issues
· Working with organisations providing support
· Personally providing support to colleagues
Nominations for these awards close 5.00pm on 27 November 2020.
Winners will be announced on social media between the 7 and 16 of December, with certificates being presented online at the 16 December 2020 e-Meeting (our Christmas e-Event).
Any questions or interested in sponsoring an Award?
Please contact: email@example.com
We look forward to receiving your nominations.