Soundwave Cumbria is seeking new Trustees
Soundwave Cumbria, is seeking new Trustees for its Board of Directors. The small independent youth based charity, puts music at the heart of its ethos, enriching the lives of young people across Copeland and Allerdale.
The charity, run by long serving leaders and a range of freelance specialists, is seeking dynamic, ambitious and experienced individuals from a range of backgrounds including, the music industry, music education, youth services, legal, marketing, accounting, project management, business services and more.
Soundwave has undergone a period of continuous improvement over the last five years and is seeking individuals to join the organisation in its exciting journey to the next phase of growth and development - making music accessible to all.
The Board of Directors is collectively responsible for:
- Ensuring that the organisation complies with any governing documents, charity law, company law and any other relevant legislation or regulations
- Contributing actively to the Board in giving clear strategic direction to the organisation, setting overall policy, defining goals, setting targets and evaluating performance against agreed targets
- Assessing and manage risks arising from the charity’s existence and its work
- Ensuring that the charity has the organisation and resources needed to function effectively
- Safeguarding the reputation and values of the organisation
- Ensuring the financial stability of the organisation
Each trustee is expected to use their specific skills, knowledge and experience to help the charity achieve its goals. This will involve:
- Attending approximately four Board Meetings per year, and any other meetings as required
- Scrutinising board papers
- Leading discussions
- Guiding and supporting Soundwave employees
- Acting as an ambassador for the charity in the community and with practitioners
- Providing leadership and guidance on new initiatives
- Contributing on other issues in which the trustee has special expertise
For more information email: firstname.lastname@example.org