Alan is a Chartered Engineer, a Member of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (I Mech E) and a Member of the Institution of Enterprise and Entrepreneurs (IoEE). He is an IoEE accredited Business Adviser.
Following an apprenticeship at Vickers Shipbuilding & Engineering Ltd. (Barrow) and Newcastle University, Alan spent 25 years in industry, mostly working in R&D, until moving into Business Support with Business Link in 2004. Since 2011 Alan has been self-employed working on contracts with Britain's Energy Coast, Cumbria Chamber of Commerce, NDA, PERA, Growth Accelerator, Cumbria Business Growth Hub, Eden District Council, UCLan and several private clients. He is a registered Growth Accelerator Coach, NDA Mentor, PERA Associate, Growth Voucher Business Adviser and MAS Consultant.
- Business Support
- Business coaching, diagnostics, strategic review and tactical business planning.
- Creation of Business Plans and Cash Flow Forecasts.
- Whole life product/service costing.
- Grant applications (e.g. RDPE, TSB SMART R&D, RGF Capital grants etc.)
- Intellectual property strategy and tactics (named inventor on over 200 granted
- Identification of suitable specialist Business Support Schemes and Organisations.
- 2D and 3D Computer Aided Design (CAD).
- Linear Finite Element Analysis (FEA).
- Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (DFMEA).
- Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA).
- Design for Manufacture and Assembly (DFMA).
- Mathematical modelling.
- Statistical tolerance analysis.
- Six sigma analysis.
- Value Engineering.
- Design of Experiments.
- Intellectual property strategy.
Video Case Studies (public domain)
Clark Door Ltd