Recycling Lives is a commercial waste management and recycling business. The fast-growing organisation has metal-buying and processing sites across England and Scotland, including a metal recycling sitein Workington, Cumbria. This facility, opened in 2017, has brought an empty site back into use and created a number of local jobs.
Recycling Lives prides itself on being more than justa business. Its commercial operations directly support and sustain its own charity and social enterprises, which offer employment and training opportunities, offender rehabilitation, a residential charity for homeless men, and food redistribution.
It is delivering the latter of this work to Cumbria, opening three Local Collection Points for its Food Redistribution Centre across the county, for charitable groups to make collections of quality food to share with communities. The Centre bridges the gap between food suppliers and charitable organisations, taking surplus goods from the former to share with the latter, thereby reducing food waste and tackling food poverty.
Recycling partnerships that change Lives
Capabilities and Services – commercial
- Recycling services: increasing diversion from landfill, reducing risk, comprehensive reporting and meeting compliance, generating revenue from waste.
- Waste management & Facilities management: increasing diversion from landfill, reducing risks, meeting compliance, maximising on budgets.
- Compliance services: comprehensive reporting and specialist WEEE compliance.
- National skip hire services: www.skiphirenetwork.com
- National scrap car collection services: www.scrapcarnetwork.com
- Recruitment services: Recruitment services for specialist sectors.
Capabilities and Services – charitable:
- Offender rehabilitation: offering opportunities for work and training in prisons via our HMP Academies, where offenders undertake recycling or fabrication work while improving life and work skills.
- Release Potential: holistic support for ex-offenders to regain their independence and reduce risk of reoffending through support to find work, housing and address personal problems.
- Residential charity: a structured programme to address the root causes of homelessness, supporting individuals to move into work and stable housing and address personal problems.
- Food Redistribution:r educing food waste and tackling food poverty by diverting surplus goods from food suppliers to charitable organisations working in communities in-need.
Central to Recycling Lives’ customer offer is our creation of social impact, offering opportunities for tangible CSR for our clients. We use our commercial services to directly support and sustain our charitable activities – in offender rehabilitation, job creation, food redistribution and services to tackle homelessness - meaning the more contracts and work we win, the more charitable activities we can develop and offer.
We are looking to use Recycling partnerships to change Lives; working with our clients to deliver real social impact and tangible social value.