The BECBC Member Meeting will be in the auditorium at ENERGUS
(Energus is at Blackwood Road on Lillyhall Industrial Estate, Workington, Cumbria CA14 4JW)
Networking and coffee from 9.00am to 9.30am
Main meeting 9.30am to 12.45pm, including one coffee break
- Mike Starkie, Mayor of Copeland
- BECBC Social Value Delivery Group and BSCP Update
- 3x3 Presentations by: Athena, Lakes Electric Delivery Service (LEDS) and Rosehill Theatre
- Energy Coast UTC promo of Understanding the new GCSEs workshop (from 12.45pm on 4 March)
- BECBC Business Awards - Entry Pack Launch
- BECBC Shadow Board notices
NB: Meeting content, timings and order are provisional and subject to change
Promo banners will currently include:
- Morgan Sindall/Bright Stars
- PDL Solutions
- BECBC Social Value Group
Thanks to Julie Monk (Hospice at Home West Cumbria) and the Inspira Team, for being our volunteer Meet and Greeters this month.
EXTRA MEETING ACTIVITIES:
- BECBC Business Development Surgery with Stuart Harrison of Solar Flare Services
10.30am to 1.30pm - BOOKING ESSENTIAL
Click here for further details
If you have a question or want to book a place, please contact Stuart direct at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- BECBC Shadow Board Focus Group on the Young Professional Development Guide
11.00am in the Enterprise Room (downstairs classroom off the main Energus atrium)
The BECBC Shadow Board have recently been developing a Young Professional Development Guide. With elements of signposting, advice giving and template sharing, it’s something they hope will simplify the different elements of professional development and encourage young people across Cumbria to invest in both their career and future.
With documents surrounding training, chartership, social impact, school engagement and approaching line managers (to name just a few they’d like to feature) they would like to make sure the information being provided is as in depth and helpful as possible.
To do this the BECBC Shadow Board are holding a Focus Group to identify:
- More topics to cover
- What medium to use
- Is there innovation we can incorporate
- Are we hitting the mark
- Professional insights
To gain the most from this workshop they would like to invite the following disciplines: HR, training, line management, chartership or institute representatives, young professionals and anyone with a vested interest in the development of young professionals in Cumbria to join them for this Focus Group.
Contact Hazel to book a place.
- ENERGY COAST UTC EVENT: Understanding the new GCSEs Workshop
12.45pm to 3.15pm at Energu Coast UTC (opposite Energus)
Following requests by BECBC members, Energy Coast UTC are running a workshop to demystify the new GSCEs - this will follow the BECBC March 2020 Member Meeting.
Click here for more info and to book
If you are not a BECBC Member but would like to attend the BECBC Member Meeting a guest, please contact Hazel Duhy, BECBC Admin Manager
Presentations and Downloads from this Event