NB: This meeting is on the second Weds of the month, not as usual, the first one!
The BECBC Member Meeting will be in the auditorium at ENERGUS
(Energus is at Blackwood Road on Lillyhall Industrial Estate, Workington, Cumbria CA14 4JW)
Networking and coffee from 9.00am to 9.30am
Main meeting 9.30am to 2.00pm, including one coffee break and a sandwich lunch
This meeting has been developed and organised by the BECBC Shadow Board and has a different format this month.
They have sent you the following message:
November’s Members’ Meeting will be a meeting with a difference! Hosted by the Shadow Board, with presentations from Magnox, the Department of Work and Pensions, and Sellafield, the meeting is structured around the Shadow Board’s main objectives, covering subjects such as the diversification of skills within the energy sector, a business-centred approach to diversity, and how the Cumbrian business community can pull together to support young professionals.
Alongside presentations, the programme will also include 10 parallel Meet the Buyer slots for SME member companies with Steve Morris from Magnox (please contact Hazel to book) , a workshop discussion to explore the issues surrounding disability in the workplace, and a drop-in session about supporting young professionals in our area.
Help us shake-up the norm and consider bringing along some of your own young professionals or members of your recruitment, HR and office teams. Come with some ideas and ready to take part in the discussion. We’ll see you there!
The BECBC Member Meeting presentations will currently include:
- Steve Morris, Magnox
- Trudy Kane, Cumbria Employment Advisor for Department of Working Pensions (DWP)
During coffee break and networking there will be optional sessions:
- 20 min Workshop (Diversity in the Workplace with Shadow Boarder members Penny Crookshank and Ruth Sellick
- Drop-in Session (Young Professionals’ Placement Scheme with Shadow Board member Charlotte Kelly
- Emma-Jayne Gooch, Sellafield Ltd - update on SME Agenda
- Charlotte Kelly (Shadow Board member) – Supporting our Young Professionals
- Graeme Rankin, Sellafield Ltd (Oil and Gas, Head of Transformation Integration)
- Member presentation: Decommology
Throughout the morning from 10.25am to 12.00 noon there will be:
- 10 minute Meet the Buyer slots available with Steve Morris from Magnox
These are offered on a first come first served basis.
Please contact Hazel asap to book a place.
We are looking for a lunch sponsor for this event - any offers?
NB: Meeting content and order is provisional and subject to change
Promo banners will currently include:
- BECBC Socio Economic Group
If you are not a BECBC Member but would like to attend as a guest, please contact Hazel Duhy, BECBC Admin Manager or complete the booking form below.
Photo: Networking at a BECBC Member Meeting in the atrium at Energus by Sally Seed of Stoneleigh Communication