Due to demand, we are running this workshop again so that more members can benefit from it (orig workshop date 19 Oct).
With thanks to Joanne Chambers of Lakeland Capabiities for providing this BECBC Workshop
(9.00am to 2.00pm with networking lunch).
In this practical workshop, aimed at both individuals and organisations with an interest in wellbeing, Joanne Chambers of Lakeland Capabilities discusses wellbeing, mental health and factors associated with the rise in mental illness. The workshop will teach ways for organisations to plan for wellbeing in the workplace and equip staff to encourage disclosure, to support colleagues and signpost issues.
Areas that the workshop will explore:
- Factors associated with rise in mental health conditions
- Basic mental health conditions – brief overview of commonly encountered conditions and their symptoms
- Mental health in the workplace - legal issues, reasonable adjustments and wellness action plans
- Planning for wellbeing at work - developing a wellbeing strategy, employers pledge for wellbeing, wellbeing champions
- Engaging with individuals who disclose mental health problems – how to handle these conversations
- Resources - compilation of available resources to help individuals/organisations to signpost individuals
This workshop is designed for:
- Individuals with a personal interest in wellbeing at work
- Employers who have concerns about managing the mental health of their workforce
- Organisations that want to create wellbeing strategies for the future
What you will get from the workshop:
- An overview of the current state of mental health in the UK workplace
- An understanding of an employer’s obligation in regards to dealing with mental health
- An understanding of ways in which organisations can take steps to change culture and develop ways to wellbeing
- Experience of handling disclosure conversations concerning mental health
Click here for further info about what you will learn and speaker biog
If you would like to book a place (first come first served), please contact Hazel Duhy, BECBC Admin Manager as soon as possible.
Booking closes at 5.00pm on 16 October 2017.