Fort Vale Nuclear Limited (FVNL) forms part of the Fort Vale Group, operating alongside Fort Vale Engineering Ltd. Located at its 113,000m2 factory headquarters in Simonstone, Lancashire, FVNL operates from a purpose built facility of 804m2, which was opened in 2013.
Fort Vale has become synonymous with excellence in engineering and the company takes pride in being at the cutting edge of technology. Fort Vale Nuclear Ltd builds on this experience and expertise and well placed to meet the exceptionally high quality and safety requirements of the nuclear industry.
Fort Vale Engineering is a world leader in the precision manufacture of valves and fittings for transportation in the tank container industries, with over 45 years’ experience. The transportation of gases and liquids by road, rail and sea must be safe and Fort Vale works with the industry and regulatory bodies so that the quality of its design, materials and manufacture ensures that first-class safety is a reality.
FVNL is a supplier of choice for machined and fabricated components and holds framework agreements with a number of companies. FVNL employ a professional team who understand nuclear safety culture. FVNL successfully deliver quality projects to schedule “making our customers lives easier”.
Offering highly vertically integrated manufacturing processes, with the ability to utilise the resources of Fort Vale Engineering and a well established supply chain.
FVNL are able to offer a wide range of manufacturing solutions from initial concept through to manufacture and final testing.
Design service including:
- Pro-Engineer (3d cad software) providing for 2d drawings and 3d cad models in various formats.
- Creo Simulate (Finite Element Analysis software) -stress analysis simulation software.
- Magma -casting simulation software
- FloEFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics software) - fluid flow simulation software.
- PVElite - pressure vessel design software.
- Finglow - pressure vessel design software
Also available is a 3D printer capable of printing 3d models from 3d cad files. These models can be used as a visual aid or used to create rapid prototype castings in our own foundry. The design team consists of a number of experienced and qualified (degree / CEng) mechanical engineers capable of producing the relevant manual calculations to support designs.
- lost wax investment casting foundry
- manual and CNC milling and turning
- plasma cutting/profiling; manual, robotic and seam welding
- CNC sawing; tool room; press shop; general fabrication and assembly
- stainless steel shot blasting and electro-polishing
We manufacture predominantly in stainless steel and also have experience in working with titanium, aluminium, duplex, nickel alloys (Hastelloy®) and carbon steel.
Quality and Inspection facilities include:
- Mitutoyo Crystal CMM
- Sigma Scope Shadow Graph
- Pressure testing facility
- UV-Dark facilities for oxygen clean service
- Custom-built oxygen clean facility
- Helium leak detection facility
- TESA-SCAN 52
- FARO Gauge portable CMM x 2
- Positive material inspection (XRF)
Fort Vale have a strong strategy of investment in people, plant and equipment, are accredited with ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001 and has recently been accredited to ISO 3834-2.