The Nuclear Industry Association (NIA) is the trade association for the UK’s civil nuclear industry. We represent more than 260 companies across the UK’s nuclear supply chain. The diversity of our membership means we can represent industry-wide perspectives.
Who are we?
The NIA represents more than 260 companies across the UK’s nuclear supply chain. The diversity of NIA membership enables effective and constructive industry-wide interaction.
We believe nuclear energy is essential to meet the UK's clean energy needs. Together with renewables and energy efficiency, nuclear is a low carbon source of power. As part of a diversified energy mix, nuclear-generated energy provides safe and reliable electricity for UK homes, hospitals, schools and industries.
NIA member companies also have significant expertise in nuclear decommissioning and clean-up, with 18 nuclear sites in the UK currently being managed through the process, and many working on projects across the world.
What are our objectives?
- To improve the commercial performance of the nuclear industry by supporting member companies develop their businesses in the UK and overseas.
- To engage with the public, media and politicians to promote better understanding of nuclear energy and its role within a low carbon energy mix.
- To work collaboratively across the nuclear industry to promote Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) to young people.
How do we achieve this?
- Representing the industry to key audiences at home and abroad
- Providing tools for information sharing and networking
- Responding to Government consultations
- Producing publications, newsletters and briefings
- Organising events, meetings and conferences
- Facilitating business groups