Sellafield Ltd is responsible for safely delivering decommissioning, reprocessing, nuclear waste management and fuel manufacturing activities across sites at Sellafield in Cumbria and Capenhurst in Cheshire.
The Sellafield Site encompasses a wide variety of Nuclear facilities, including legacy operational plants, Reprocessing facilities and a wide range of waste treatment and storage buildings.
The Supply Chain Ombudsman
- Provides a confidential and unbiased route for the supply chain to raise issues pertaining to Procurement at Sellafield, which will be managed in an open, transparent and equitable manner, making recommendations for improvement where necessary.
- Promotes the Code of Business Ethics and conduct, and helps provide assurance that Sellafield Ltd staff and suppliers act in an ethical manner.
- Acts as the first point of contact for the supply chain and develops improvements to Sellafield Ltd’s supplier communication and engagement, through holding events such as the Supplier Forums, and the Supplier area of the Sellafield Ltd web site.
- Provides an accessible "Business Office" by appointment at Sellafield, holding one to one meetings as requested with suppliers, and arranging meetings and presentations to relevant Commercial Managers and site personnel.
- Acts as interface between Sellafield Ltd and various business support and development agencies such as EOSCP, BEC & BECBC, The Welding Institute and other parties such as Copeland and Allerdale Borough Councils, and Cumbria County Council.
- Represents Sellafield Ltd on associated Supply Chain projects at both local and regional levels.
- Encourages new entrants to the market through various means such as publishing the "How to do Business with Sellafield" brochure, holding regular Supplier Forums, and doing presentations at various groups such as Scottish Enterprise, UKTi, MAS.
- Acts as the front office for Supplier Suggestions and Innovations.