Request for Information
Medium Weight Remote Controlled Vehicle - Explosive Ordnance Disposals
1. The Department is using this Request for Information (RFI) to help inform the development of its strategy in procurement and support of Remote Controlled Explosive Ordnance Disposals Vehicles. This RFI provides an opportunity for Industry to comment on the outline requirements. This RFI is not a commitment by the Department to launch a formal procurement procedure.
2. Defence Equipment and Support is the Ministry of Defence's Procurement Hub; managing the acquisition and through life support of equipment and services used by the Royal Navy, British Army and the Royal Air Force.
3. Specialist and Autonomous Mobility; Remote Controlled Vehicles Delivery Team (SAM RCV DT) is responsible for the procurement, in-service support and disposal of all EOD RCV; ensuring that new equipment is delivered into service on time, within budget and at an affordable cost, and that in-service RCVs are maintained to provide capabilities to Explosive Ordnance Disposal and Search End-Users.
4. SAM RCV DT is exploring options for the procurement of approximately 50 Medium weight Remote Controlled Vehicle in line with the follow specification:
a. A pre-existing RCV for a Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) Procurement with only minor modifications expected
b. Weighs approximately between 60-140kg
c. Provision of 'Train the Trainer' maintenance and operator courses
d. Through life In Service Support
5. A virtual Industry Day is planned for Thursday 26th November, 2020
a. The virtual Industry Day will be hosted by the MoD, invites will be sent to companies who submit an expression of interest that meet the below criteria. All expressions of interest must contain:
i. The name of the company being represented and the individuals requesting attendance.
ii. Confirmation of security clearance level of the individuals and/or confirmation of the company being List X
iii. An outline of the technical information for the proposed DARTROSE solution. This should include as a minimum the weight and size dimensions of the RCV.
iv. All information to be submitted to the POC listed for this notice no later than Monday 23rd November 2020.